My Time

Sunday, September 11, 2011

There’s Not Enough Time in the Day

That is a phrase that I hear often and has often come out of my own lips in regards to Jesus. I’ve heard: I don’t have enough time to pray, or to read my Bible, or to preach the Gospel, or on and on. But when you really think about it, it’s not that we don’t have enough time, it’s that we don’t make the time. Because we always have time, it’s just how we choose to spend our time. So the question is-how are you spending your time? Do you spend more time at school, hanging out with friends, watching tv, listening to music, or working out than you do with the Lord? I bring this issue up because the Lord has convicted me of it in my own life. I recently began to work out more (we’ll see how long it lasts) and I realized that if I spend an hour working out every day to improve my physical condition, than I better be spending at least an hour every day giving the Lord time to work on my spiritual condition.

So be honest with yourself. How many things do you prioritize before the Lord? What is always more important so that you don’t have time to read the Bible or pray except at Bible study or on Sunday? Remember that Jesus says you can’t serve two masters, you either love Him and hate the world or you love the world and hate Him.

Do you truly love Jesus every moment of every day? Because loving Jesus means giving your life completely to Him in every way; especially when it comes to your time.

No comments: