My Time

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

NeraTel



This is a stock which I got in at 40.5c a share some time back. This was after the failed take over bid by ST Engineering. I didn't do much research on this company on my own. Neither did I have any experience with it. Instead, I relied on some advice by a very good friend who has been a shareholder for years.

This is a net cash company and has a record of paying consistent and meaningful dividends. Its last payout was 4c a share with an EPS of 5c. At today's closing price of 61c, we are looking at a dividend yield of 6.56% which is very decent. With its recurring revenue streams, dividends are probably sustainable.

So, I bought more shares of NeraTel as its share price retreated from a high of 69.5c. With buy prices of 60c to 63c, the dividend yields are from 6.35% to 6.67%. Any further weakness and a possible test of the rising 200d MA (approximating 57.5c now) for support would see me increasing my long exposure.

Certainly, I cannot tell how share prices will move tomorrow. So, I cannot tell if my additional investments made recently will result in paper losses but I can tell if I have made relatively sound decisions.

By looking at charts, I can tell where supports are expected to be found. So, I can tell where I might be adding to my long positions, given the chance.

Some things we know. Some things we don't.

I know, for sure, that we should have a plan and we should stick to it.

No comments: